What is Walk of Life? The Walk of Life is a fundraising and awareness raising walkathon that helps the Armenian Bone Marrow Donor Registry (ABMDR) in its mission of saving lives. It is not just a walk, it is a life-saving event for Armenians and non-Armenians battling leukemia worldwide. By joining us you will help someone with leukemia, you give them hope and an opportunity for a second chance in life. What better gift or reward then knowing that you were an instrument in saving someone’s life! All of our participants are heroes. ABMDR’s Walk of Life is meant to:
- Reach and educate the Armenian public about leukemia and other blood diseases,
- Recruit donors to add to its internationally recognized registry of donors,
- Raise funds and tissue type these donors.
- Create and maintain the registry and data bank of information Armenian donors.
- Increase the size of the registry
- Coordinate and process patient search requests and provide marrow or stem cell matching services for potential bone marrow transplant recipients.
- Raise funds to type all donor samples
- Educate Armenian families worldwide
- Expand into new countries with sizable Armenian communities