Our mission is to save lives by recruiting and providing matched unrelated donors for bone marrow or stem cell transplantation to all Armenian and non-Armenian patients worldwide who are suffering from leukemia and other life-threatening blood related illnesses. Due to the unique genetic make-up of Armenians, it is nearly impossible to find suitable matches among the existing international registries. Hence the importance of establishing a registry that would help facilitate recruiting and identifying matched unrelated bone marrow donors for ethnic Armenians.
Only 25% of patients inflicted with leukemia or other life-threatening blood disorders find donors within their families. The other 75% of patients’ lives depend on finding a perfectly matched unrelated donor.
- Create and maintain the registry and data bank of information Armenian donors.
- Increase the size of the registry
- Coordinate and process patient search requests and provide marrow or stem cell matching services for potential bone marrow transplant recipients.
- Raise funds to type all donor samples
- Educate Armenian families worldwide
- Expand into new countries with sizable Armenian communities
[pro-player width=’530′ height=’253′ type=’video’]http://abmdr.am/wp-content/uploads/Untitled2.flv[/pro-player]